Yorkshire Cities Green Jobs Research AvailableAugust 2011
The Prospects for Green Jobs to 2020 is a major piece of research commissioned by Yorkshire Cities.
The research provides:
- robust evidence on the current numbers of green jobs
- a checklist of major green assets
- projections of job creation by 2020 in the major green and low carbon sectors of the economy
- recommendations for policies and actions that should be pursued by councils, LEPs and other bodies to maximise the job creation potential of the green economy
There are a suite of reports from this vital addition to our evidence base:
- a main summary report for Yorkshire Cities members as a whole, which includes detailed policy recommendations (now available)
- a separate executive summary (now available)
- city region reports for the Leeds City Region - available now - and for the Humber, South Yorkshire and York & North Yorkshire LEP area (available soon)
- individual profiles for each Yorkshire Cities member (most now available)
- a series of further background papers (most now available)
More information is available from the Green Jobs page on this site.