Yorkshire Cities has published its research into the prospects for advanced manufacturing in Leeds City Region.
This important piece of research provides:
- a detailed examination of the latest information on the manufacturing sector across Leeds City Region
- the results of a major survey of 600 manufacturing companies across the City Region
- a set of detailed policy and action recommendations to help the LEP, councils and other bodies to maximise the growth and potential of advanced manufacturing in the future
The main findings include:
- there are 135,000 people working in manufacturing as a whole in the Leeds City Region - the most of any LEP area in the country
- around 60% of our manufacturing firms engage in 'advanced' activities such as R&D or product development
- advanced manufacturing firms are more likely to be exporters, to innovate, and to have links with local universities; and they have generally weathered the recession better than non-advanced companies
In addition, we have published individual area reports for Barnsley, Bradford, Calderdale, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Wakefield and York
The research was carried out by Mazars LLP.
To download all the reports, please visit the main Advanced manufacturing page.
For further information on the study, please contact us at email@example.com or call 0771 221 4134.
No documents found.